6 Great Benefits Of Eating Fruits And Vegetables Every Day
By eating fruits and vegetables every day, not only will you lose weight, but you will also benefit from a stronger, more disease-resistant organism.
Eating fruits and vegetables is not just advice given by dieticians for a balanced diet. It is also a guarantee to have a good health and quality of life because these foods give us many benefits.
In this article, we will introduce you to the 6 main benefits of eating vegetables and fruits every day. This good habit will help you stay young and full of vitality, maintain a balanced weight and prevent health problems.
Discover the 6 great benefits of eating fruits and vegetables every day.
1. They facilitate rejuvenation
Eating fruits and vegetables is the best way to get antioxidants, which help us fight against aging. These nutrients prevent the damage caused by free radicals, both inside and outside our body.
To benefit from all the necessary antioxidants, you must especially eat these raw foods. You can prepare salads, juices or green smoothies. Remember to always eat only serving of vegetables at every meal.
2. They allow alkalizing the organism
When we get sick, this is often due to an excess of acidification that occurs in our body. Factors that generally increase the body’s acidic pH are:
- Foods rich in sugars, refined flours, fried foods and animal proteins
- Alcoholic beverages
Therefore, to combat these negative factors, you must alkalize your blood through proper nutrition. For this, you must base your diet on natural and plant foods.
Although some of them may also be acidic if you consume them often and in a variety of ways you will provide your body with a perfect balance.
3. They help to lose weight
Eating fruits and vegetables is the best way to lose weight healthily, without being hungry and without counting calories. These foods help us lose weight for the following reasons:
- They control the appetite thanks to their great satiating power.
- They are rich in fiber, so they also help fight the swelling of the abdomen.
- In addition, they also help reduce water retention.
- They are low in calories.
- In addition, they balance the nervous system and help us reduce anxiety.
- They speed up the metabolism, which is responsible for burning calories.
- Finally, they help us avoid cravings and are the best alternative in the morning or afternoon.
- Finally, they improve the function of our body to eliminate toxins and waste.
Vegetables such as spinach and broccoli and fruits such as orange, mandarin, and apple are also excellent sources of fiber.
4. They regulate intestinal transit
Thanks to its high content of fiber, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, fruits and vegetables are essential for good intestinal function. By eating them every day, we regulate the function of this organ and fight constipation and diarrhea.
If you want to sharply increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables, you should know that at the beginning you can suffer from constipation for a few days. This will disappear until your gut assimilates perfectly the increase of fibers.
With a little patience and drinking plenty of water throughout the day, you will overcome this annoyance very quickly.
5. They increase the immune defenses
Vitamins and minerals in plant foods help us strengthen our immune system.
In this way, you will be able to raise your defenses to face any virus, bacteria, fungus or parasites in a natural way.
- In particular, vitamin C, selenium or zinc are three very beneficial nutrients for strengthening immune defenses.
Therefore, you should consume fruits and vegetables in the form of broths, creams, juices or smoothies throughout the year. Do not forget to eat it too, especially during the changing seasons. Fruits and vegetables are the best compliments to not get sick.
6. They bring more vitality
If you feel depressed, tired, stressed, discouraged or recovering, fruits and vegetables cannot be lacking in your daily diet.
- Their nutrients have the virtue of significantly increasing energy levels and vitality. Therefore, they are a great alternative to stimulating and exciting supplements or foods.
- The best way to get energy is to eat raw fruits and vegetables. For this, juices are a great option because they contain a small number of fruits and vegetables.
- You can also prepare delicious full salads for all their benefits. Do not hesitate to sprout seeds, grains or legumes to multiply the benefits of these foods.
Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants that contain molecules that can prevent molecular oxidation. However, eating fruits and vegetables regularly would help treat cancer and other diseases.