How To Start Thighs and buttocks Exercises at home: When you decide to tone your body, Thighs and buttocks are always a priority. However, not everyone has the time and availability to visit a gym regularly. Therefore, if your goal is to avoid the accumulation of fat and flaccidity in these areas, we propose a daily workout that you can do from the comfort of your home.
Today, we will guide you so that you can perform physical exercises that will allow you to tone these muscles, lose weight quickly and gain strength. Find out, the best 14 Thighs and buttocks exercises you can do at home.
14 Thighs and buttocks exercises you can do at home.
Thighs and buttocks gather the most active muscles of the human body, with the quadriceps and the twins in the case of the Thighs-and the gluteus major. The most important of them depends, in no small extent, on our mobility. So it is transcendental to keep them in good shape.
The buttocks are usually the main ones affected by the inactive lifestyle because it is the area where the highest amount of fat is concentrated by lack of physical activity or by a bad diet. In the same way, the Thighs tend to accumulate excessive flaccidity when we don’t do exercises. Therefore I created a list of 14 Thighs and buttocks exercises for women and men you can do at home.
Considered the king of home exercise for Thighs and buttocks, unweighted squats will allow you to warm up to start exercising.
- It is enough to bend the hips and knees 90 degrees until the thighs are parallel to the ground.
- You start standing, with your back up, and you’re pulling your butt back as you flex your hips and knees.
- You must keep your arms straight, to the front, to maintain stability.
It’s one of the most effective leg and buttocks exercises that you can do at home. However, many people take a terrible posture when it comes to doing Buttocks squats. So you know exactly how you should do it, take a look at the picture below. Try to make 12 to 15 reps of these squats.
To carry out this exercise, you must perform the same dynamics of the classic squat, but this time, tilting the weight of the body on one of the knees.
- Perform hip flexion with legs open 90 degrees.
- Then, gently tilt the body to one side, supporting the weight on the soles of the feet.
- Then retakes the base position and performs the same leaning movement to the other side.
Make six of these squats on each side.
We present one of the best buttocks exercises for women and men. With these squats, you will not only exercise your Thighs and buttocks but keep your entire body active and hot.
- Perform the base position of the squat.
- At the end of the hips and knees flexion to retake the upright posture, it makes a vertical jump.
- Try to reach the global extension of your body.
- You must land on your knees and then perform a new repetition.
The idea is to make 10 of these squats per series, but if you prefer to start with 7, do not worry. You see increasing the difficulty as you progress.
The burpees are the star exercise of almost all routines, as they are ideal for activating the whole body and strengthening Thighs, buttocks, arms, and abdomen. Make at least seven reps within your workout, and in a short time, you will notice remarkable differences.
- Start standing with your back straight.
- As fast as you can, but without hurting yourself, bend down and support both hands on the floor or a mat.
- Push your feet back with a small jump and stay in the ironing position.
- You can carry out bending or not, depending on your resistance.
- Take your feet forward again with a good impulse and jump with your hands up.
Dumbbell Stride Exercise
In this routine of leg exercises at home cannot miss the essential strides. To perform this exercise correctly, follow the steps below:
- Start standing upright and with your arms extended vertically over your head
- Take a step forward and bend the knees, so that the knee of the leg that is behind almost touch the ground (be careful, you might hurt your knee if it hits the ground hard).
- Retake the base position and make sure that you force your buttocks to work on the right muscles.
- Make the same movement by changing the leg with which you step forward.
- If you find it easier or more entertaining, you can take the stride by taking continuous steps, like a walk.
If you don’t have dumbbells at hand, you can do the stride anyway. The dumbbells, however, will help you to exercise your arms as well. Make six strides on each side to start and, as your strength improves, add a few more to each series.
Once again, we propose a variant of the previous exercise to make your Thighs and buttocks work even harder and get the best results in the best possible time.
- Start with the same position as the simple stride.
- Take a small frontal leap every time you change Thighs.
- You must avoid moving sideways and make slight jumps to amortise the fall.
Exercises with a chair: Rocket
Contrary to its name, this exercise is quite simple, because you only need a chair, step or sturdy, and medium-height furniture to carry it out. Ready?
- In a firm and upright posture, support one of the legs on the chair or step.
- Give yourself momentum as if you were going to start climbing stairs.
- Keep the support leg flexed, while the impulse foot is kept straight in the air before it returns to the ground.
- Perform several repetitions without ever getting fully in the chair or step.
- Retake the base position, take a breath and change support leg.
Do as many repetitions as you can but do not exceed ten repetitions per leg.
Jumping jacks Exercise
Also called “star jump,” these jumps are a perfect workout for cardio but also to reinforce the Thighs and buttocks. If you’re looking for simple leg exercises at home, you will love jumping jacks.
- Start standing, in a straight position.
- Start jump by opening and closing your legs.
- At the same time, raise and raise your arms, so that when you jump, and your legs are open, the arms are well up and when your legs together, your arms relaxed on each side of the body.
One of the best and most effective Crossfit exercises you’ll find. Keep in mind that you must perform this exercise in three parts quickly to see the best results, so, get ready!
- Lie on the ground, first sitting and then sleeping so that the body touches the ground.
- Take momentum to get up in a clean sweep, taking a strong impulse with your hands to resume the initial position.
- Immediately, make a vertical jump with the body completely straight and arms extended over the head.
- Returns to the initial position and repeats the dynamics. Complete each repetition within 3 to 5 seconds.
Exercises for buttocks and Thighs: half bridge
Look for the routine you seek; this exercise is present in all. If you want to discover the best buttocks exercises for women and men at home, lie down on the floor and devote a few minutes a day to perform the following movements:
- Lie on the floor, with your body straight, and your arms stretched on each side of your body.
- Flex your legs and support your feet actively, as if you were going to take impulse to get up.
- Keep your trunk and arms straight, until you form a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Raise and lower the waist and back repeatedly and slowly, working with the buttock muscles to work correctly.
- Preserve, at all times, the flexion in the legs and arms and the straight trunk. Perform several instant repetitions. Do as many as you can, as the idea would be to reach the twenty repetitions.
Best buttocks Exercises: Leg Lift Bridge
Once again, we present a variant of the previous exercise to add a little effort in the buttocks and Thighs.
- Perform the same dynamics of the classic Semibridge.
- When you are about to lift and force your buttocks, keep a single leg flexed and supported.
- The other should be in a straight line with the trunk.
- Raises and lowers the waist and the back repeatedly, maintaining the elevation and alignment of the extended leg.
- Performs ten repetitions and changes leg support.
To see the results more quickly, add difficulty to exercise, you can do it with an elastic band between your Thighs. If this option is too difficult for you, do the exercise by following the steps above and without the elastic tape.
One of the best leg exercises at home is the climber, also known as the mountain climber. This buttocks exercise for women and men is one of the most effective, so try to do as many reps as you can over 40 seconds.
- Lean on the floor, face down, with the palms of the hands on the floor, and the tip of the feet also supported.
- Keep your arms in a straight line, generating tension in your back.
- Flex your knees to take impulse, as if you were going to start running and perform continuous repetitions with both legs, retaining support over the arms.
Donkey Kick Exercise
Kicks are some of the best exercises you can do at home for buttocks and Thighs. You can do this exercise with the leg fully stretched, making repetitions quickly, raising and lowering the leg slowly. In this variant, we teach you to perform the Donkey kick Exercise:
- Put yourself on the ground on all fours or with your forearms resting on the ground, as you find it more comfortable.
- Start by raising your right leg but keep it bent 90 degrees.
- Pull it up until it is slightly above the hip and you notice the buttocks working.
- Repeat the movement before the knee touches the ground, and after ten repetitions, it passes to the left leg.
We will finish this complete selection of leg exercises at home for both women and men with one of the most effective squats to lose weight and tone the muscles: the sumo squats. Hamstring, quadriceps, and buttocks will be greatly benefited if you perform this exercise as follows:
- You have to start standing up and with your back straight, just like the rest of your squats.
- However, for the sumo squat, instead of putting your feet at the same distance as your shoulders, you will have to separate the legs more and make sure that the tip of your feet looks slightly sideways, not to the front.
- Flex the knees 90 degrees and put the attention on the buttocks, because they are the muscles that must carry out the effort.
- Keep the trunk straight, also forcing the abdominals to achieve the perfect posture.
- Then returns to the position you have at the beginning and repeats, at least, 12 times the movement.
Leg and buttock slimming foods
Many foods can help you remarkably to carry a healthy and balanced diet, along with the exercises that we have indicated, helps you to lose your Thighs and buttocks fat. Since we want to give you a hand with some foods and tips for you to burn fat and lose weight without resorting to extreme diets:
Some foods and tips
- Consume about a litre and a half of pure water a day: This will help you to keep yourself always hydrated, something fundamental for your body to work and exercise without getting too tired and without suffering negative consequences.
- Add to your daily meals garlic, grapefruit, chilli, green tea or soy, as they are vital ingredients to absorb fats from flour and oils.
- Replace the morning coffee with green tea or fruit juices like orange or melon.
- Come to the wholemeal bread, because it can bring fibre and nutrients without accumulating trans fats, and those unsaturated acids harmful to health.
- Instead of snack foods or snacks prepared mid-morning, eat chopped fruit to appease the hunger.
- Grains such as chickpeas, peas, and lentils should not be absent in your meals as many of them, such as lentils, are an ideal protein source to replace red meat.
- The rice provides essential carbohydrates, so it is an ideal companion at noon. Do not abuse the rice, but do not hesitate to add a small amount to some of your dishes to feel more satiated.
- Grilled chicken and hake are great allies for your meals because they provide fewer calories than meat and are also very beneficial for digestion. For example, grilled fish with garlic and lemon for a superb dinner.
- Pasta and red meat both are not recommended for weight loss: Eat these foods once a week (two at most) and avoid accompanying your dishes of processed sauces like mayonnaise.
- If you drink milk, do not forget to bet on the skimmer. The same goes for yoghurt, a very beneficial food that you should always try to eat in the most natural way possible.
Do not forget to prepare moderate portions in each meal, because everything in excess can be harmful. This 6-meal, non-fattening, filling item can help you discover new and delicious recipes.
If you want to read more articles similar to 14 Thighs and buttocks exercises you can do at home, we recommend that you Visit our Fitness category.