Why do I still feel jealous of my ex-partner if we’re not together anymore? This is a frequent question among those who have had to face a recent couple break up and for some reason have not yet assumed the situation and have not accepted that this relationship is over. Feeling jealous is common in relationships, but this emotion can also arise or accentuate when the relationship has ended due to the idea that the other can rebuild his life very soon with another person or simply because of the fact that that can be happy without us. In this DesiSoch article, we are going to answer the question of why I feel jealous of my ex. Pay attention!
Why I still feel jealous of my ex
If you still feel jealousy for your ex and you wonder what this emotion may be due, in the following lines you can discover what the possible causes may be:
You have not overcome the rupture
The love breaks are unpleasant and painful, especially when the relationship has ended by the decision of the opposing party. If you still feel the same about your ex-partner, you feel the need to talk with her, see her or know what she will be doing at each moment, jealousy may surface in you at the thought of being with another person and Redo your love life or be happy without being with you.
In order to overcome a love break, it is very important to learn to accept the situation and respect the decision of the other. We have to be able to accept what has happened, let time pass and think positive, because although at the beginning we see everything black, with the passage of time everything returns to its course and you even get to realize that if the relationship ended it was for something and that was the best for you, since you deserve to be with someone who really wants to share his life with you. You must focus exclusively on yourself to forget your ex-partner, keep busy and do many things with family and friends in your free time. This is just one more chapter of your life, think that with the passage of time it will stop hurting you and that, simply, it will be a memory more.
Jealousy can also be closely linked to possessiveness. The very possessive people who feel the partner of their property tend not to accept the break and can not stand to think that it was your partner so far to fall in love with someone else or take a new path in which he/she is not included. In addition to jealousy, possessive people usually have a very controlling attitude to the imperative need they feel to know what the other is doing at all times, who he is with, where he is going, etc.
It is essential to be clear that all people are individual and free beings and that we do not belong to anyone. That a person has an emotional bond with us, does not mean that it is “our” and in no case should we try to control someone else’s life.
Insecurity and low self-esteem
Insecurity in yourself and low self-esteem can also be behind that jealousy you feel toward your ex-partner. On many occasions, we have thoughts that we are not worth enough or that we are not up to other people, and that in the same way that we have not been able to keep the other’s love for a long time, we will not be able to know others. new people or get others to fix us, which can lead us to stay anchored in the past. All this reveals a great lack of self-confidence and a very low self-esteem, and that this type of people tends to have a low self-esteem and exaggerate their shortcomings without taking into account at any time their virtues.
Fear of being alone
The fact of continuing to feel jealousy towards the ex-partner may also be related to the fear of being alone. When we lose it, we realize that we are not replaceable people and we can think that by not being with her, we will be alone and that we will find someone with whom we will have that trust, love, complicity, etc. This can generate feelings of despair, sadness, and insecurity, leading us to jealousy by the fact that he/she can soon find another person with whom to share their life.
How to stop feeling jealous of my ex
Next, we are going to give you some tips so you can stop feeling jealous for your ex-partner and get focused exclusively on yourself and rebuild your life without thinking about that person:
- If your partner has decided to end the relationship with you, it is important that you accept the situation and that you put all your effort into moving forward even if it initially costs you. Do not be martyred with the idea of a possible reconciliation, look to the future and focus on being well and being happy.
- Avoid locking yourself in and self-punishing with negative thoughts about you or your sentimental life. Now is the time to open up to the people around you, distract you and make new plans to have fun and meet people.
- Do not spend time thinking why you still feel jealous of your ex, because if you focus on negative emotions, it will be harder for you to get rid of these kinds of feelings and you may feel even worse making it much more complicated to move on.
- Do not compare yourself with others, focus on your positive points and think about how valuable you are. If you need to work on self-confidence or increase your self-esteem, you can read self-help books or seek professional help by going to a psychologist.
- Forget the past, look around and concentrate on everything that makes you happy: your work, your home, your family, your friends, etc.
- To forget your ex-partner and leave behind that relationship of the past, it is very important that you avoid all contact with her. To overcome a rupture, marking distance in all senses is fundamental.
When jealousy becomes sickly
Jealousy can become sick or pathological when they manifest themselves uncontrollably, have no objective foundation, annulus as a person, interfere in our daily lives and harm our psychological well-being. What Do I Do If My Friend is Gay And He Likes Me.
In these cases, it is important to take into account that the problems of jealousy can be overcome and that, for this, professional help should be sought by going to a psychologist to try to find out what are the causes of the problem and what guidelines we must follow to solve it.
This article is merely informative, in DesiSoch we do not have the faculty to make a diagnosis or recommend a treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your case in particular.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why I feel jealous of my ex – find the answer, we recommend you to enter into our category of Sentimental Relationships