Why I Feel Rejection Towards My Partner – The Most Common Causes.
Feeling rejection at times towards our partner is something that can be considered normal since it is impossible that all the time we find ourselves wishing contact with the couple. All people can be in one or several stressful moments, tired or simply not wanting to have an intimate and/or sexual encounter with the couple. However, when this situation persists and you constantly ask yourself, ” why do I feel rejected towards my partner? “This can be an indicator that there is some underlying problem. That is why in DesiSoch we will help you to make an analysis of this situation and you can finally answer your question. How To Know if I Have Fallen in Love With My Best Friend
Components of love in the couple
In many cases, you are not aware or you can not identify what is the underlying problem that is influencing to feel that rejection towards the couple. Failure to give importance and allow this problem to persist only will increase it more and more and the relationship will become more fragile and unstable. It is important to identify where this rejection towards the couple comes from and once we have known the origin, a solution can be given.
There are 3 types of love that combine to form the necessary ingredients so that a relationship can arise. It is important to know these 3 components in order to identify in which of them there might be some lack, which could be generating an important imbalance that ends up manifesting in a rejection towards the couple.
- Eros (erotic love): This type of love refers to the desire for the other, to the sexual and passionate desire towards the couple.
- Philia (friendship): It is being able to be friends with your partner, have a project in common, personal values compatible and that can also have fun together.
- Agape (tenderness): Refers to unconditional and disinterested love for the other. The care for the couple, the tenderness. It is being generous and in solidarity with the other person, sharing their suffering.
For there to be a balanced couple relationship, it is necessary that these 3 elements appear, although some with more intensity than others that is there. When one of them has been lost, one feels discomfort and a feeling of dissatisfaction in one or both parties. If You Make These 10 Mistakes, You Risk Running Away From Your Partner
Causes of rejection towards the couple
There are many causes by which you can get to experience at a certain moment rejection towards the couple. Among the main ones, are the following:
- Let there be one of the components of love in the couple (eros, philia or agape)
- To have fallen into monotony. This often happens in couples who have been in a relationship for a long time and/or who live together and are caught in the same routine, which leads to boredom.
- To have idealized the couple too much. This usually happens in the stage of falling in love, and once this stage is over and the person is seen as he really is, he can lose interest in it even completely.
- Obsessing with the couple’s defects and focusing only on them, leaving aside the positive aspects that also count.
- Have the feeling of loss of freedom while being with another person. When all we want is to focus on ourselves to the degree that we can see the couple as a heavy burden.
- When you have constant relationship problems.
Consequences of constant rejection towards the couple
The constant rejection towards the couple can bring a series of consequences not only for the relationship but also for each member of the couple individually. Among the main consequences are the following:
- Causes distancing and weakens with the passage of time the relationship
- It generates in the rejected person feelings of insecurity, irascibility, and frustration.
- The listed arguments, resentments, recriminations and demands.
- The sexual desire lapses in both since the person who rejects can feel pressured and the other too frustrated and despised.
- Causes physical and psychological pain on both sides
- It usually confuses the person who is rejected and if it is not talked about, it can cause misunderstandings.
- It provokes distrust towards the one who rejects.
What to do if I feel rejected towards my partner
As we have seen in the previous section, the feeling of rejection towards the couple can trigger a series of consequences at an individual and couple level. If apart from constantly asking you “why do I feel rejected towards my partner?”, You would like to be able to do something to overcome it and maintain your relationship, here is a series of tips that can help you achieve it. How to stop thinking about someone.
Identify the origin of the rejection you feel toward your partner
In case you have not yet detected where this refusal comes from, you can help by analyzing in this article each of the causes of rejection towards the couple as well as detecting those moments or situations where rejection appears most frequently. For example, you may reject your partner at the time of having sex but for everything else not.
In this case, it would be good for you to reflect on things such as: “At what point does this rejection begin? Does it appear only in certain circumstances? Is it about the sexual relationship or my desire for the person? Can something be done to fix it? “
Talk to him/her
After having identified and analyzed the origin of the rejection that you feel towards your partner, communicate how you feel and what really happens in an assertive and empathetic way. Remember that doing so will improve your communication with your partner and you will build trust.
Find a solution to this situation
Reach an agreement and/or a solution. In case that rejection is not so excessive and can be eliminated, it is necessary to implement new measures to combat the situation since if it continues to act in the same way the rejection will even increase.
In case you can not find a solution to the problem but you still want to stop feeling rejected and improve the relationship, you can always ask for help from a professional who can treat your case individually.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why I feel rejection towards my partner – the most common causes, we recommend you to enter into our category of SentiMental Relationship.