How To Know if I Have Fallen in Love With My Best Friend
Friendship is different from love, however, sometimes, the line that separates these feelings is very fine. This is the case when a person falls in love with their best friend. So many moments of complicity shared in common, so many moments of friendly happiness can lead to the attraction of falling in love.
If you are going through a situation of this type, we tell you how to clarify the sentimental doubts to know if what you feel is a special friendship or something else. In this DesiSoch article, we reflect on this issue: How to know if I have fallen in love with my best friend?
10 signs to know if you are in love with your best friend
- The friendship from before no longer meets your expectations. You are the same people as always, however, something has changed in you because those anecdotes that once made you happy, now leave you with a bittersweet taste because you want more. You want more involvement from that friend, you want to share more time with him and you want to star in romantic moments.
- You suffer when he talks to you about other girls. You do not feel comfortable in that role of confidant. You love it when it talks about other topics, however, it affects you when it talks about a possible illusion with another girl because inside you feel jealousy for not being the protagonist of those feelings.
- You give more importance than before to each message of WhatsApp that you send and to that which response to you. You go beyond the words to try to interpret if he also feels the same for you. In addition, you experience impatience each time it takes longer than expected to give you an answer.
- When you hear a love song or a sentimental film, the image of that friend who occupies your thoughts in a way that goes beyond mere friendship comes to your mind.
- Your best friend is a priority for you. He was always a priority person in your life, but now he is even more so. And you prolong in your mind the plans that you enjoy because you recreate every detail, repeat every word and imagine a common future.
- You have a habitual internal dialogue about whether you feel something else or just friendship. It is an inner struggle that does not exist when you have your ideas clear and you know what you feel. Many times you have come to the conclusion clearly that, really, you feel something else. However, you have an important break, a fear that paralyzes you. It scares you that if he does not feel the same for you, this situation affects your relationship.
- You arrange yourself more than before for the plans you share in common. They are not romantic dates, however, you take care of these details more than before. You worry more about your appearance, you want to be radiant in those encounters.
- You feel that the world is in the background when you are with that friend. Between you, a universe of two is created in which you feel good, happy, vital and happy. In short, you feel the usual infatuation symptoms. For example, the butterflies in the stomach, the idealization of the other person and the search for a contact.
- Other people have made some comment about it. If you have fallen in love with your best friend, it is also possible that someone from your immediate environment has observed this fact.
- Maybe you have not told anyone, but inside, when you are alone in the privacy of your conscience, you know that the name of that friend evokes in you something more than a beautiful friendship that starts to know you little because it makes A time that you started to see your best friend as a potential boyfriend.
What to do if you fall in love with your best friend?
Taking the step of opening your heart and showing your feelings is always complex, not only when you fall in love with your best friend. Take your time to clarify your doubts and find the answer to what you feel exactly. Once you have your answer, reflect on whether, really, you want to try and get involved in this relationship. In that case, take the initiative to open your heart.
Do not be conditioned by the fear that this situation may affect your friendship because even if you decide to silence your feelings, this reality has changed your friendship. You can not help but suffer when you are close to someone who offers you friendship when you have really fallen in love. For this reason, it is positive that you try to be faithful to that inner truth.
Also Read: How to stop being insecure in a relationship
And what if he does not feel the same for you? Absolutely nothing happens, you can face it. And, in addition, the affection of true friendship that has united you will make that moment less bitter. But, also, do not forget that history can also have a happy ending. In the following article, we give some advice to be able to forget an unrequited love.
You have not planned to feel this, but it has happened. Therefore, this situation forces you to make new decisions about this friendship that has now evolved into falling in love.
This article is merely informative, On DesiSoch we do not have the faculty to make a diagnosis or recommend a treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to treat your case in particular.
You Might Also Interested In How To Identify Whether My Boyfriend is My Future Husband
If you want to read more articles similar to How to know if I have fallen in love with my best friend, we recommend you to enter our category of Psychology.