The 7 Most Effective Exercises To Reduce Double Chin
The 7 Most Effective Exercises To Reduce Double Chin.
By performing these exercises just a few minutes a day, you can strengthen the muscles of the jaw and neck and reduce the double chin.
The double chin is the result of an accumulation of fat under the chin, forming more or less visible wrinkles and can become very unsightly. In addition, if it is very prominent, it can affect the appearance and shape of your face.
In many cases, the double chin is due to excess weight and flaccidity of the tissues, but it can also be caused by health problems. The accumulation of fat in this area of the body may suggest that you are prone to cardiometabolic disease.
This condition does not only affect people who are overweight. You can also develop a double chin if the muscles of the jaw area are flaccid.
Double chin develops naturally after a certain age, but can also appear early. For this reason, today we will introduce in this article some of the most effective exercises to reduce double chin.
Moreover, these exercises that will help you reduce the double chin are very simple. You can practice them at any time and in the comfort of your home.
1. Language in circular form
- Sit in a comfortable place and keep your back straight and your mouth closed.
- Then, with your tongue, you will draw circles on your palate.
- Try to do ten repetitions in a row, and do this exercise at least three times a day.
You can also try to make circles with your tongue on one side of the mouth and then on the other.
2. Tongue pressure on the palate
For starters, you should sit with your back straight and your shoulders relaxed, preferably in a comfortable place.
- Position the head looking up, with the neck fully stretched.
- Then, press the tongue on the palate. First up the palace and then down. Flex your head, while doing this movement with the tongue, so that the chin touches your chest.
- Perform this exercise while continuing to press your tongue to the top of the palate, so concentrate! Then relax the tongue and return to the starting position.
- Do at least 20 repetitions of this exercise every day.
3. Exercises with the lips
You can choose to perform this exercise standing or sitting. Choose the position you prefer to feel comfortable.
- You will have to stretch the lower lip as far as possible from the mouth, as babies do when they cry.
- While doing this movement, you will need to contract the neck and bend your head, so that your chin touches your chest.
- Keep your back and shoulders straight throughout this exercise.
- When your chin touches your chest, return to the starting position, rest and repeat the procedure at least 15 times a day.
4. The mouth in the shape of “O”
In this exercise, always keep your back and shoulders relaxed.
- For starters, you will have to extend the neck with your head back, then fold your lips in a circle that looks like an “O”.
- Continue this exercise keeping your neck extended and your head back for 20 or 25 seconds. Finally, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise at least 10 times a day.
5. The rotation of the neck
The rotation of the neck can be done in a standing position or sitting. The important thing is to keep your back always straight. You will have to stretch your spine as much as possible and direct your chin to one and the other of your shoulders, successively.
- To begin, move your chin to touch one shoulder then the other.
- The chin should form a semicircle by touching the chest until reaching the shoulder. Make sure your shoulders are in a relaxed position for the duration of the exercise.
- Repeat this exercise ten times a day.
6. Watch the ceiling
This exercise is performed standing, arms along the body and completely relaxed.
- To start, stretch your neck back and look at the ceiling.
- When you are in this position, frown your lips as hard as you can. You must feel the muscles in your neck and chin tighten.
- Try to maintain this position for at least five seconds.
- You will have to repeat this exercise at least 15 times a day.
7. Pronounce the vowels
The last exercise to reduce the double chin is extremely simple and you can practice it at any time.
- Keep your back completely straight throughout the exercise.
- To do this you will have to pronounce all the vowels of the alphabet. Do it slowly and keep your mouth open.
- Try to repeat this exercise as many times as possible.
- Do you want to know more? Be sure to read this article:
- The best ways to tone the neck and reduce double chin
In addition to maintaining a healthy diet and increasing water consumption to keep the area hydrated and elastic, localized exercises should be performed daily to reduce double chin. In this article, we have put together a series of key techniques and recommendations to create a small program that will help you reach your goal of reducing double chin.